Sunday, June 3, 2012

Having had a headache for the last four days, I thought a long walk in the cool predawn air might help clear my thoughts and ease the throbbing.  I enjoy walking into the darkness away from the house and decided that today's walk would be a slow paced not one of those power walks for weight loss.  I enjoyed the many gifts of nature: flowers in unexpected spots, birds waking up the cool refreshing air with their morning calls to each other, and sun light streaming through the tree tops.  I was joined by my neighbor's boxer named Princess. She just appeared at my side, nuzzled my hand and walked within sight of me the whole 4 miles.  Sometimes she would stand waiting as I took pictures or stopped to enjoy the songs of nature.  One time she bumped me pretty hard on my thigh and when I turned to look at her there was a man about 25 paces behind me running down the road in nothing but shorts and sneakers.  She watched him very closely and when he got close enough to ask would she bite I thought no she is a big sweetheart of a dog; but that hard bump to my leg, reminded me boxers can be a mean looking breed and she was acting as my protector right then.  I reached down patted her on the head and took a hold of her collar and told him not as long as you don't approach her.  She watched him for along time before she finally moved away from my side and continued her playful exploring.  The sun was totally up so I turned back toward the house and began retracing my steps.  The light coming through the trees giving light to the tall branches and their leaves reminded me of arms reaching up to God.  Sometimes they were the arms of God shielding what was underneath.  From time to time Princess would jump into the water in the ditches as if to cool her paws or her muzzle with the water.  Just before I got home I found a ditch full of cat tails and thought of Sister Mary Hugh and how much she liked cat tails that I had to stop and take pictures.  Below are some of the pictures I took on my walk to day.  Hope you enjoy them.







No comments:

Post a Comment