Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Be the Peace

Dear Friends,
  
 Thank you for welcoming me into your Circle of Grace yesterday. It WAS truly a graced moment for me. Sister Kieran tells me you had some conversation around the Leadership Conference of Women Religious (LCWR) I am attaching a site where you can listen to Sister Mary Hughes’ response to the National Press Club. She is quite informative and representative of the circumstances and the position of LCWR. I think you will find her woman truly rooted in God and in the Gospel.


Also, I am including the peace prayer I prayed with you yesterday.  It is from Macrina Wiederkehr’s book, Seven Sacred Spaces.

Be the Peace

In this the hour of the [afternoon] sun,
We raise our hands to the peaceful one.
And now is the hour to pray for peace,
For kindness, compassion to increase.

So let us be the change we wish to see.
Let us bow to each other and say
That we will be the peace for which we long.
This is our promise. This is our song….

Now is the hour for peace to flower.
Now is the hour for peace to flowr…

Peace!
S. Jean Louise
Sister Jean Louise Bachetti, IHM
Director of IHM Associate Relationship

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this a informative video that shows a very grace filled reply to this situation. What struck me the most was there are no winners or losers, this is about dialogue and listening and to keep listening. Noting that they work with the people on the margins, grow to love them in their work and then come back to raise questions about why is not an act of defiance but looking through the eyes of the poor longing to find a place in a polarized world and that this voice they are offering is not necessarily their own but one deep from within the Body of Christ. They are trying to invite dialogue with those who are different from them so all may grow and be stretched.
    Reminds me of when I describe Sister Kieran by saying she jumped into our hearts and expands them by stretching who we are and what we believe. Not always comfortable but always needed. What did you find interesting or challenging about this video?

    ReplyDelete